This is a yummy salad! Kale, leftover garlic-roasted potatoes (sweet and regular), shredded carrots, crushed up blue chips, and avocado. Not bad. But, the best part is the dressing:
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- fresh lemon juice to taste. I used about 1/2 a lemon or less.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Dried Basil, to taste. Or chopped/torn up fresh. If I had used fresh I would have just added it to the salad greens, not necessarily stirred it into the dressing, but the flavor will still be there.
- a dab of real maple syrup (not maple flavored, but the good stuff that tastes caramel-y)
- sea salt and pepper to taste.
Beat ingredients in bottom of salad bowl till creamy. Add your salad, stir and eat — YUM!